vendredi 3 novembre 2017

KICKSTARTER PROJECT UPDATE #15

Live from Conakry

20 févr. 2014

Since my arrival in Guinea, I have enjoyed the generous hospitality of a great Canadian lady and I finally found a decent place to stay. I will be moving in on Sunday. 

The classes with the children started last week and to my satisfaction, they are advancing rapidly. They started reading music (only four notes to start with). They are very interested with the flute and take in the knowledge that I am presenting without much difficulty. For now we are working with a flute that has a traditional configuration (ie, three holes). The efforts that we have made made since last year to provide them with a traditional flute teacher are bearing fruit. The elder of the students is particularly motivated–he has developed a very nice tone–and that is helping to pull in the others. i started to give him private lessons also. So, so far so good. 

However the Guinean environment requires some adaptation for the "fote" (white) that I am. The level of poverty affects human relations and one has to be sensitive to certain realities. But the trust that was demonstrated by the backers to my Kickstarter campaign provides me with a strong mental foundation enabling me to face to difficulties. Without money I would not be here but the confidence that it represents is the most important factor and I don't think that I could do what I am doing without it. Thank you dear supporters, i will do my utmost to achieve my goals. 

Until next time… greetings from Conakry. 
Sylvain



Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire

Mai 2017 Travel Report

Things are looking up May 31, 2017 Dear Friends, Last February, I visited our dear Ecole Fula Flute / Centre Tyabala in Conakry, Guine...